Friday, September 25, 2009

Do You Spell Desperate . . . T - R - O - T - T - E - R ?


I heard on the drive home last night that the Philadelphia Eagles worked out former Eagles middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter. I realize that the Eagles are a little thin at linebacker, but it worries me as an Eagles fan to "take a look at" someone who has not been on an active roster for an entire season, is 32 years of age, and was released because they (the Eagles) were worried about his ability to "keep up with the plays, day in and day out."


Don't get me wrong. I love "The Axeman." I have met him personally and talked with him on his "Axeman" talk show he used to broadcast from Glassboro during his tenure in Philly. He is a very honest and classy guy, however is that what we need.


I agree we need a leader on defense. The loss of Brian Dawkins was huge. Sheldon Brown is being an imbecile with his Jason mask and thankfully his pockets are $10,000 for it. It didn't look too bad with Stewart Bradley there anchoring the defense. Then during preseason he ripped his ACL and we were left to think, "What now?" Omar Gaither, the heir aparent to Trotter but didn't live up to the expectations, didn't fair too well last week and Joe Mays has done squat as well.


I guess what I am saying is Jeremiah Trotter is a bit aged, but what else do we have? We sadly need a leader on defense beings we are so young. Trotter could bring that presence into the locker room that the defense really needs or maybe even special teams for that matter. I don't know what the answer is. But what I do know is that when we have gotten to the point where we are search "Jeremiah Trotter" + "Eagles" + "2009," I think we need to beat teams 50-48!

1 comment:

  1. At least in some respect, the Phillies and the Eagles have the same problem; they have to pile up offensive numbers if they hope to defeat their opponents. In the case of the Birds, their defense, especially up the middle (MLB, safety) is suspect. For the Phils, that thing they call their bullpen (bull is a good start to describe that group) is the problem.

    The Birds have to find their equivalent of Ryan Howard.

    ReplyDelete